St. Augustine Plaza Stroll & Historic Walking Tours
Secrets of the Plaza de La Constitucion
Come along with City Walks as we reveal the secrets of the Plaza de la Constitucion. The meanings behind its monuments, and the history of the center of life in St. Augustine throughout the centuries.
Our Historic Plaza Strolls & Walking Tours are a GREAT way to explore the rich history of St Augustine! Our friendly & fun licensed tour guides are experts in all things St Augustine and are always eager to share their love of the City with you! We also frequently offer specialty themed Historic Walking Tours focusing on specific genres such as the opulent Henry Flagler development era, the Civil Rights Movements & Black History, Spanish, British & other Colonial eras… and much more! Just give us a call and we can customize a tour for you and your group’s specific interests and schedule.
Tours are generally a 75 Minute Walking Adventure, offered on select dates throughout the year… check our reservation system for details. Our Plaza Stroll & Historic Walking Tours are also available in Spanish!
Available in SPANISH upon request!
1 Hour Advance Reservations Required on All Tours
for Guaranteed Tours.
~ Departing from the Plaza Area at the Ponce de Leon Statue ~
- The departure point is our Tour Saint Augustine reception office located at 4 Granada Street which runs north/south along the Lightner Museum complex, in the heart of the beautiful Flagler Era Historic district. Parking is recommended in the Villa Zorayda lot at 83 King St., or any of the convenient City car parks located behind the Lightner Museum and adjacent streets. Parking rates vary seasonally.
- Call us to inquire about dates and times.
- Please meet with your licensed city tour guide 15 minutes prior to start of tour.
- The sun in Florida can be a bit warm. Bringing a sunbrella is always nice on a very sunny day and it works well as an umbrella when we have liquid sunshine.
- This tour is suitable for all ages. Children of all ages are welcome on this tour.
- This tour is pet friendly. All dogs must be kept on a leash as mandated by St Augustine city ordinance.
- Price – $12.00 Per Person. Book online and save $1 per person!
- A gratuity to your guide at the end of the tour is not included in your ticket, and is graciously accepted if you have enjoyed your tour.
- We accept credit card payments in advance online, by telephone OR at our Tour Saint Augustine Inc. office located at 4 Granada Street
- Standby reservations accepted on sold out tours.
- Confirmed reservations are encouraged, as our tours are limited and sell out quickly.
- The Plaza Stroll! Tours go Rain or Shine – bring a brolly or rain poncho if it looks like it may rain! Cancellations ONLY in the event of severe weather.
- Our Plaza Stoll tour has you meandering our ancient city streets, wear COMFORTABLE shoes!
- Please note that ticket purchases are final but can be used at anytime in the future, subject to tour availability, and are transferable.
“Secrets of the Plaza de la Constitiucion”
All tickets are nonrefundable once purchased. If your plans should change, you can rebook for a future date provided you cancel at least 3 hours PRIOR to the tour start time.
“We recently moved to St Augustine and learned a lot about the history of the city. We even saw monuments we hadn’t noticed before!” ~ Mary
“Terrific Overview of St. Augustine History. A quick easy way to connect to the city’s past and gain an appreciation for all that has transpired in St. Augustine since the middle of the 16th century. We were completely unaware of the roll the city played in the Civil Rights Movement and the new monuments commemorating those events are beautiful. The tour was well worth the effort.” ~ WSJ
“Very informative, learned so much. This tour is great. I have walked by this place for 15 years and liked what I saw, never understanding all that happened there. Learning the History of each monument, etc with detail is fantastic. I have loved the Lions on the Bridge of Lions and now know why they are there. VERY good for tourist and residents.” ~Nancy
“So much history packed into one little plaza!” A fantastic tour of the Plaza de la Constitucion which included great information. We usually just cut through the plaza on our way to explore other areas on downtown St. Augustine but now knowing more about it we will linger there a bit longer.” ~ SM
“Great Tour! As far as the information on the tour, we learned a lot and it was very interesting. Who knew there was so much to learn about it that small area? Wonderful tour, I highly recommend it.Can’t go wrong with City Walks, the customer service is outstanding!” ~ Berlinda
See our Tripadvisor reviews: